Perfect Landscape Lighting Requires Planning
Our featured brand Hinkley
recommends following these simple guidelines to ensure a successful lighting plan:
- Conceal the light source behind shrubs, etc., where possible - except where the fixture itself is a decorative element.
- Don't "over-light" (a little light goes a long way).
- Be creative in using a mixture of lighting techniques for drama and excitement.
- Arrange for an automatic device to turn lights on and off, such as a timer or photocell.
- Be considerate of your neighbors - position lights strategically so they do not shine into their windows.
The basic steps are simple:
- Decide what you want to illuminate.
- Select the appropriate lighting techniques.
- Select the appropriate lighting fixtures and accessories.
• Choose the power supply (transformer).
The featured path lighting in the picture above is part of the Balloon Collection from Hinkley Lighting.